A Discovery Editor will have consistently demonstrated strong knowledge of all skills related to editing. This includes a full understanding of SD and HD workflows, a solid technical base and a solid working knowledge of the 3rd party software commonly in use at the facility. Other skill sets crucial to an Editor’s success are strong client relations, creative collaboration and the ability to remain productive under pressure and possess the ability to demonstrate creative expression through assigned work.
1. An Editor will have the ability to work with or without supervision.
2. They will be involved with the process of creating, building the structure and tone of the end product.
3. They will run their sessions in an organized and efficient manner, abiding by all standard operating procedures, naming conventions and Discovery’s Global technical specifications as set forth by the Edit management team.
4. They will use their excellent communication skills to keep all parties involved in a project well informed of its status.
5. Collaborate with Producer and/or Client throughout post-production process.
6. Demonstrate the ability to select or suggest music appropriate to the project theme.
7. Possess the ability to retain and convey the overall message of the final product to the consumer.
8. All Discovery Editors should become familiar and comfortable with the different styles of editing done in the facility.
9. Discovery encourages and provides continued training, and all Editors are expected to utilize this to improve and expand their skill sets.
* 5 or more years of technical experience in this industry preferably in an Edit environment
* Bachelor’s degree in TV/Broadcast, Communications or a related field preferred
* Intermediate and/or experienced knowledge of the Avid Non-Linear Editing systems and its Effects capabilities.
* Ability to handle high pressure situations professionally
* Intermediate and/or experienced knowledge and skills with 3rd party software such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Boris and GenArt’s Sapphire plug ins.
* Ability to demonstrate proficiency with composite, component, and digital signals as well as analog/digital audio processes.
* Base knowledge of HD techniques and workflows.
* Multilingual capabilities in Spanish or Portuguese a plus.
* Experience in editing promotional material as well long form originals.
Buenos Aires, Argentina, AR