The Credit & Collections Specialist is responsible for collecting all accounts receivables for Affiliate and/or Ad-Sales business. The Credit & Collections Specialist also will assist management in safeguarding the company against Foreign Exchange exposures; minimize bad debt exposures and assessing sovereign and credit risk for all customers and countries in the Latin America/Iberia regions. This position requires an ability to manage relationships of top clients and make decisions about negotiating payment plans.
1. Ongoing reconciliation of ad sales and affiliate account receivables to ensure debt on account is equal to what the client believes is owed to DLAI
2. Administration of the dunning process for the collection of outstanding affiliate accounts
3. Monitoring of ad sales account receivables exposure by country and sales representatives
4. Effective use of the disconnection policy for seriously past due affiliate accounts
5. Investigation, follow up and solution of billing discrepancies
6. Renegotiate outstanding debts with affiliate and ad sales clients
7. Coordination of cash application with clients and operations
8. Oversee and ensure the timely filling of affiliate monthly and quarterly subscriber reports
9. Oversee and ensure the timely filing of withholding tax certificates for all clients
10. Participate and own local billing process.
1. Maintain a working knowledge of the client’s business operation
2. Maintain a clear knowledge of the Affiliate and Ad-Sales industry
3. Keep current with country specific risk factors, political and economic climates
4. Ensure a pro-active relationship with clients by maintaining open communication and on-going follow up to open issues
5. Initiate regular meetings with country and regional sales managers to monitor A/R
6. Develop negotiation strategies and involve the sales manager in these discussions with clients
7. Participate with Affiliate Sales in any industry trade shows and client meetings
1. Gather resourceful information and literature about country economic & political situations
2. Keep management and Credit and Collections Team informed of developing risk or crisis throughout the region
3. Understand key concepts of Foreign Exchange Management
4. Minimize the company’s Bad Debt exposure
5. Ensure that all write-offs have been thoroughly investigated and are indeed un-collectable
6. Perform bad debt reserve analysis according to departmental guidelines
* Minimum 3 years experience pertaining to billing and collection or accounting functions and proved administrative skills
* Bachelor’s in Science degree in accounting or business administration, or related field
* English and Spanish, spoken and written Portuguese a plus
* Strong organizational skills and people skills are needed
* Must be proficient in Microsoft applications and SAP.
* Ability to build relationships.
* Ability to use independent judgment.
Buenos Aires, Argentina, AR