Eurosport is the number one sport destination in Europe, fuelling the passion of fans and connecting them with the greatest sports events in the world. As the Home of the Olympic Games in Europe, Eurosport delivered the ultimate Games experience for PyeongChang 2018 reaching both record linear and digital viewership across localized Eurosport services. Firmly established as the Home of Cycling, Grand Slam Tennis and Winter Sport, Eurosport channels – Eurosport 1, Eurosport 2 – reach 231 million cumulative subscribers across 95 countries in Europe, Asia Pacific, Africa and the Middle East. Eurosport.com is Europe’s No 1 online sports news website with an average of 60 million unique users per month and, along with the Eurosport app (available on iOS and Android), the only place to watch Eurosport anytime online, on mobile and on tablet devices. Eurosport Events specializes in the management and promotion of international sporting events. More information is available by visiting corporate.eurosport.com.
Purpose of the role : With the support of internal, legal, finance teams, and a permanent dedicated team of 15 plus 15 consultants :
Reporting to the Head of Eurosport Events, your responsibilities are :
▪ Federate different stakeholders, Heads of local Federations, sponsors, country and city representatives, manufacturers, drivers, suppliers, journalists, fans, hospitality teams
▪ Coordinate different roles: logistics, implementation, promotion, production, sales, hospitality and sporting
▪ Design and follow budgets of different events
▪ Analyse and collect information on customers’ experience and their profiles using data, marketing, analytics
▪ Improve local customer experience, circulation of public, exposure of sponsors developing digital platforms and tools
▪ Represent Eurosports at highest level in different events and with different stakeholders
▪ Identify new sources of revenues.
▪ Manage external teams of consultants, interact permanently with the sales, communication teams, and Discovery teams in London.
▪ Expect approximately 15 weeks of travelling per year.
▪ Minimize risks for Eurosport
▪ Contribute to the promotion of the Events activities within Discovery group
▪ Minimum 10 years of experience and proven successful professional track record in running large international events preferably but not exclusively with a motorsport background
▪ Capacity to federate on a large scale different teams
▪ Strong project management skills
▪ Solid experience in managing BU’s, in sales, communications, logistics, content production, media distribution
▪ Confirmed experience in the management of large teams
▪ In depth knowledge of safety rules of goods and persons
▪ Good basic knowledge of labor laws
▪ Has excellent relationships building and senior stakeholder management skills
▪ Be ambitious and keen to embrace Discovery’s business and management culture
▪ Team player
Fluent in written and spoken English, and at ease in French
▪ International mindset
▪ Performance oriented
▪ Personal charisma, strong ability to make an impact, motivate teams
▪ Excellent communication skills
▪ Hands-on, solution oriented
▪ Capable to stand heavy pressure, deliver on-time
▪ Hard worker