This position will work in the accounting team in Brazil and with the teams in US and Spain by providing support in the daily accounting tasks such as: accounts payable, accounts reconciliations, taxes calculation, etc.
The candidate will need to ensure timely, accurate and effective completion of the closing monthly activities of Brasil and local compliance requirements. He/she will absorb all the extra activity generated by the Scripps merger in Brasil and will also have a role in the potential upcoming Microsiga implementation in Brazil and with the related changes to the accounting operating model.
1. Posting and processing journal entries in Microsiga system to ensure all business transactions are recorded in a timely and accurate way, providing the appropriate codes;
2. Identify and process A/P invoices according to Purchase Order terms;
3. Ensure all suppliers invoices are appropriately authorized for payment according to corporate expense policy, and captured daily;
4. Maintain updated the supplier’s registry in accordance with the internal policies;
5. Reconcile all general ledgers and bank accounts on a daily basis;
6. Assist in the processing of balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements according to legal and company accounting and financial guidelines;
7. Assist senior accountant in the preparation of monthly/yearly closings and tax declarations;
8. Assist with other projects and tasks when needed.
* Brazilian, minimum of 3 years of accounting experience
* Bachelor´s Degree in Accounting, administration or similar
* Experience with Microsiga and/or other ERPs
* SOX experience preferred
* Knowledge of Brazil and US GAAP accounting principles
* Experience with withholding taxes, tax declarations and other local obligations
* Proficient in relevant Microsoft applications (Excel, Word and Power Point)
* Advanced English
* Excellent organizing abilities, attention to details an analytical acumen
Sao Paulo, Brazil