The media planning department is accountable for using on-air promotional airtime inventory strategically to support the network priorities across Australia & New Zealand.
The media planner is expected to be familiar with the assigned network’s priorities, the region’s broadcast landscape and the target audience’s subscription television’s consumption habits and thus can take strategic direction from the Senior Manager and Senior Executives with regard to appropriate on air strategies as derived from factual analyses.
On a day-to-day level, the media planner will implement on air media strategies by creating transmission logs that have to be completed correctly, and delivered on time.
The Way We Work
In Asia-Pacific, our culture and general leadership traits are in evolution as we migrate from being a traditional linear Pay TV business towards a convergent media and entertainment business that encompasses digital and mobile platforms. We will develop direct consumer relationships while still supporting our traditional platform partners with innovative solutions to help them grow and evolve their businesses. Generally, we are looking to embrace a ‘maker’ culture in a dynamic, entrepreneurial, youthful and low-hierarchy setting akin to Silicon Valley tech firms. We are looking for the brightest leaders to support this journey.
• Learn and use, reporting and optimization (e.g. TechEdge, Grip It) platforms to manage on air inventory and execute on air campaigns.
• Be proficient in the use of IBMS scheduling software.
• Monitor spot placement to ensure laydown is on target.
• Ensure campaigns fit within the wider Network promotional strategy.
• Ensure decisions made at Senior Management and Executive level concerning the best use of on air inventory are executed to a high standard therefore driving reach, ratings and revenue.
• Work with partner departments (Marketing, Creative Services, Consumer Insights, Programming and Traffic & Transmission) for all issues relating to promo material delivery, scheduling and transmission log delivery
• Degree or Diploma Holder (preferable but not necessary)
• A working knowledge of IBMS Content Management systems, an intermediate understanding of promo optimisation software (preferable but not necessary)
• TV media planning experience gained within a broadcaster or media agency (preferable but not necessary)
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• PC literate
• Excellent time management and organisational skills with an attention to detail
• Highly motivated with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Understanding of the Australian STV industry and the basic competitive environment.