This role is responsible for the production of Discovery Portfolio On-Air promotion's and branding.
1. Script creation and adaptation (from English to Portuguese) as required
2. Watch episodes and understand the DNA of each show, select clips from the shows, request material, select music, coordinate and supervising the editor´s work.
3. Manage external producers and designers.
4. Responsible for quality control of form and content, graphics, language accuracy, etc. before going on air.
5. Strict management of inflow and outflow of promos by staying up-to-date on the promo tables via the “hit list,” in accordance with the deadline dates that promos must air.
* Minimum three years hands-on experience as a writer producer on TV is essential.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills in Portuguese.
* Spanish a plus. English a must.
* Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
* It´s important that the candidate is familiar with the editing process.
* The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, with the ability to generate a variety of ideas, turn them into well written scripts, expand them into campaigns, and have a clear vision of how to execute them in the best way possible, within the available resources, either using pre-existing footage to create a promo or writing original promos to be shot. The writer producer will be responsible for overseeing all the stages of the promos, from the beginning to its final delivery.
* To be successful on performing tasks, the writer/producer will need to understand the brands and perform in a fast-paced environment, with strong interpersonal skills, very organized, detail-oriented, and with the ability to prioritize, work around the unforeseen obstacles and work effectively and independently with both speed and accuracy.
Buenos Aires, Argentina, AR