This role is responsible for the implementation and execution of overall corporate communications strategies and initiatives in support of DLA/ USH’s overall business, senior management, sales and programming.
1. Proactively seek ways of increasing exposure for the company and its key executives by seeking & negotiating promotional partnerships, securing internal & external speaking engagements, and other exposure initiatives.
2. Create and compile corporate communication materials such as fast facts, messages points, biographies, press kit materials, etc.
3. Brief/supervise executives/producers/talent/spokespeople before and during interviews/events
4. Maintain strong media relations with general business, ad and affiliate trade publications as well as USH trade publications to increase and generate favorable media coverage.
5. Manage and liaise with DCI and DNI Comms Managers as well as with regional Comms Managers
6. Support regional comms managers / offices with Corporate Communications support
7. Supervise the planning and coordination of corporate initiatives for DLA-USH network brands in the regional markets
8. Support the development and management of yearly communications strategies and budgets.
9. Identify and establish positive relationships with potentials partners, key media, talent, influentials, public affairs partners and clients
10. Work with the affiliate team, clients and their media outlets to proactively provide them with network/programming information and assets that line-up with the overall network priorities.
11. Support the ad sales and solutions teams in the development of client-driven PR strategies
12. Develop public affairs and pro-social strategies that are consistent with the network’s brand image and result in enhanced visibility.
13. Identify opportunities to support and leverage communication and digital assets whenever possible.
* Strong communications background with at least five to eight years of experience working in a newsroom or PR agency environment.
* Bachelor’s degree in Communications and/or Marketing, or related field; Master’s degree is a plus.
* Must be fully bilingual – able to speak, write and read fluently in English and Spanish. Portuguese is advisable.
* Computer proficient (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
* Strong verbal and written communications skills.
* Able to work under pressure and familiarized with the concept of handling simultaneous tasks/projects.
* Spirit of teamwork and receptiveness to sudden change is a must.
* Strong people skills, and excellent organization and follow-up skills required.
Mexico City, Mexico