- Degree educated or Equivalent
- Expert advanced Microsoft excel skills, ability to design and maintain tools using Macros is essential.
- Expert skills MS office, including Power Point and ability to provide in dashboard views.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills required, with mathematical aptitude.
- Strong presentation skills – able to clearly communicate complex analysis and tell the story
- Previous experience of managing equity enrolment, strong knowledge of equity plans.
- Previous Senior analyst experience in Compensation & Benefits.
- HR system experience, with SAP experience preferable
- Previous Towers Watson surveys and benchmarking methodology preferable
- Aptitude for working and being successful in a virtual and culturally diverse team; working effectively through e-mail/teleconferencing.
- Excellent customer service skills exhibiting a high level of professionalism, negotiation and influence, tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to prioritize duties and responsibilities to provide a high level of prompt and effective customer service in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to manage sensitive, confidential issues.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing, as well as to develop and deliver presentations.
Salary & Benefits: Salary competitive. Eligible for 10% yearly bonus
Role posted: 02/03/2018
Post expiry: 01/04/2018
London, UK, England, United Kingdom, Europe