Eurosport Digital is recruiting for a In Life & Engagement Manager to join its Eurosport Player team. Eurosport Player (ES Player) is an OTT platform that gives customers access to linear and non-linear sports content such as Tour de France, Bundesliga and MotoGP. ES Player is available across Europe.
The successful applicant will plan customer communication campaigns, delivered currently via email and soon push notifications, but expanding out to other channels as appropriate, both for business as usual engagement comms and major sports events, across the entire customer lifecycle in all of ES Players’ markets, with special focus on: Germany, Italy, the UK, France and Norway.
The In Life & Engagement Manager will work within a broader marketing team with brand, event and acquisition marketing roles. They will have to adopt and cultivate an agile “test and learn” mindset in which all parts of the marketing team work together to continuously improve marketing performance.
· Driven by customer insight, working with the Retention & CRM Director, lead the strategy and plans with a focus on in-life communications, via email and push notifications to improve subscriber engagement, loyalty and retention.
· Create targeted campaigns that leverage major sports events and non-sports event campaigns.
· Create lifecycle programmes - collaborating with external agencies and internal cross-functional teams, introduce, design and optimize the customer lifecycle comms. Including automated/trigger CRM programmes designed to welcome, on board, provide valuable services and continuously engage and retain.
· Working closely with the marketing campaign specialist and using propensity models, optimise emails through A/B and multivariate testing: template, segmentation, personalisation, offers, content, calls-to-action, timing and frequency.
· Work with the Retention & CRM Director to forecast and plan forward-looking performance and budgets.
· Present annual and quarterly plans to senior management.
· Create benchmarks and working with the CRM data analyst track performance and develop reports for business stakeholders across all activity to ensure it overachieves against KPIs.
· Manage Vendor relationships as needed.
· Experience in planning and creating email marketing and mobile push notifications for a consumer-facing organisation, ideally with exposure to subscriber business models.
· Deep expertise in email fundamentals and best practices: CAN-SPAM, list management, deliverability, segmentation, KPIs, etcetera.
· Experience with email platforms a bonus.
· Strong creative, customer segmentation and analytical experience
· Experience in managing vendor relationships and internal teams across multiple countries, and an aptitude for working in an agile “test and learn” environment.
· Fluent English in both written and verbal forms, other European language are a bonus but not required for this particular role.
· A passion for sports content and working in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment with like-minded individuals.