Responsible for the quality control process of all advertising sales media content for both markets, DLA and US Hispanic.
1. Perform technical quality control for all advertising media elements, specifically checking for issues with: artifact, aspect ratio, time-codes, title and picture safe, frame size & rate, field dominance, close caption, subtitles, dialogue/voice over, video signal levels, luminance/chrominance, encoded chroma and audio levels.
2. Perform editing revisions including but not limited to: encode files, apply filters for color & audio levels, create SD & HD clones, convert Pal to NTSC format, encode/transcode files to different multimedia codecs.
3. Review each commercial individually and ensure content is in compliance with DLA/USH corporate policies and regional guidelines and local laws as it pertains to culture sensitivity, parental ratings, certification and legal disclaimers. Communicate with Manager and Commercial Operations if any conflict is found
4. Compile media asset log information into the commercial inventory list and source material for daily processing.
5. Check Media Operations Daily Report for any media rejection reported by Broadcast Operations. Proactively report back commercial status.
6. Review and validate all necessary metadata pertaining to advertising media asset coming from clients, production teams, creative agency or distribution partners prior to entering information in the IBMS and/or GABRIEL traffic system. Update and append metadata when required.
7. Liaise, and maintain daily communication with, Commercial Operations Teams in Miami and NY, with Traffic, Ad Sales, Content Operations, DCG & Solutions, Broadcast Operations and Digital Media Engineering to address media discrepancies and guarantee proper and timely processing of all commercial copy.
8. Submits file-based sales media due for transmission to Broadcast Media Operations servers and submit Work Orders to Media Ops Department. Coordinate and maintain effective communication with Broadcast Services.
9. Troubleshoot proactively and discuss timely resolutions with manager of any potential issues. Process and prioritize last minute requests and work in accordance to traffic and client deadlines to ensure commercial copy is prepared in time to air as expected.
10. Manage and maintain an orderly video library and metadata inventory within Commercial Operation’s servers for all active advertising media inventory.
* Candidate should have 2+ years of related experience, preferably in television environment.
* Excellent computer skills in Windows, Word, Excel as well as experience working with Final Cut and Media Composer, transcoding with Compressor and Episode Pro, Video File formats, QT Pro and its futures, codecs, scopes, video and audio ingest, Digital BetaCams (SD/HD).
* Understanding file transfer’s protocols (ftp, smb, servers, etc)
* Knowledge of IBMS & GABRIEL a plus.
* Strong analytical/organization skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills. Spanish a must, Portuguese proficiency a plus.
* Must be a detail-oriented person.
* Must demonstrate initiative, resourcefulness and professionalism.
* Candidate should be self-motivated, able to handle a multitude of projects simultaneously and take proactive action and ownership of ongoing workflow.
* Team oriented and committed to providing an extraordinary level of service to clients.
* Work efficiently and independently with both, speed and accuracy.
* Strong sense or urgency.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* College degree or equivalent experience preferred.
* Spanish. Portuguese a plus.