Strengthen Discovery Networks’ brand equity, awareness and value within affiliate community thru implementation of Sales Marketing tools, events etc
1. Serve as marketing contact for cable affiliates within assigned territory, providing marketing assistant to Regional Heads and Director of Field Marketing as needed.
2. Assist with all Discovery Networks’ marketing strategies, events and promotions within assigned regions, including handling all logistics and attending events in the field.
3. Attend trade shows within region. Merchandise Discovery activity to system, regional and MSO clients to demonstrate quantifiable value and leverage distribution goals.
4. Stay abreast of the cable industry and specifically activity within its MSOs; and to have a strong grasp of basic marketing principles to develop appropriate marketing strategies and plans for both industry and DCI-wide opportunities.
* Must have a minimum of 5-7 years sales and marketing experience (preferably 2+ years in cable or related industry).
* Bachelors degree or an equivalent combination of skills, training, and experience is preferred.
* Must have strong analytical skills to assess key markets & opportunities and demonstrated ability to build strategic plans that support sales objectives.
* Must have experience in delivering professional marketing presentations.
* Must be a self-starter with ability to own and advance projects.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Spanish/Portuguese, English a must
* Willing to travel (approx. 60-75%).