Responsible for P&L, strategy and leading the operation of Discovery Colombia
1. Oversee the development of a strong ad-sales and brand partnership business
2. Develop and implement strategies across territories, through building and developing on the success of the existing brands
3. Responsible for the affiliate sales goals, including subscriber and revenue objectives for the designed territory.
4. Participate in negotiation and relationships with key MSOs and maintain relationships with other prospects and affiliated systems Establish and maintain high level relationships with key influentials
5. Establish and maintain high level relationships with local media, particularly with FTA to identify co-productions & amplify content impact
6. Establish and maintain high level relationships with key influentials
7. Employ interpretive capacity to assess marketplace climate
8. Identify strategic opportunities for partnerships or Joint Ventures that will significantly enhance the business, linear and non linear
9. Monitor and influence local regulation and participate of local media associations
10. Be the eyes and ears of the company in the territory/region
11. Represent the region before the senior management and actively contribute to the development of the company strategy for al Latin America.
12. Work closely with the Managing Director and Finance regarding budgets, 3-year plan etc
13. Manage and provide clear leadership to the Colombia Management team to achieve and exceed business plan
14. Communicate policy and strategic decisions across divisions through management heads to create functional effectiveness
15. Ensure functional heads take responsibility for their areas and work effectively together to meet their objectives
16. Function as key external and internal spokesperson for Discovery Colombia with major constituents and clients, local organizations and conferences
17. Attract, retain and motivate talent on the team, contributing to a company culture of allows managers and staff to grow their skills and develop
* Minimum of 8 years of general management skills preferable with experience in Television / Media /FTA ?? with a strong Commercial background, P&L management and decision making experience.
* Experience in digital projects, big data, start ups, etc. is a plus
* Experience in working in a multinational organization and with a matrix environment
* Financial expertise; comfortable dealing with complex analysis and budgets
* Strong strategic and analytical abilities
* Demonstrated ability to interpret developments in rapidly emerging, technologically complex marketplaces and formulate strategies accordingly
* Experience and skills in major negotiations
* Team and management skills
* Able to build strong business relationships - internally and externally.
* Works well in an international environment and prepared to travel as necessary.
* Driver of innovation
* Outstanding verbal and written communication in Spanish & English