The Marketing Director leads the development of the network strategies and provides direction for the creation of the marketing plans for all networks in the DLAI portfolio. All aspects related to branding, finance, and operative best practices relating to Marketing in Miami, and in the region, are under the responsibilities of this person. In addition, he or she will establish and nurture co-marketing opportunities with the Ad Sales and the Affiliate Sales teams in Miami and in the region to secure and foster revenue. The Marketing Director is responsible for overseeing and managing the department personnel in Miami and in the region
1. Responsible for overseeing the development of the Marketing Strategies for DLAI’s portfolio geared to strengthen the brands, generate consumer tune- in, and impact on ratings while ensuring consistency with brand specifications.
2. Work closely with the regions to foster Brand Management best practices including but not limited to training, development of global and regional guidelines, sharing of brand materials and other standard operating procedures.
3. Contributes along with the Sales groups and internal key departments to create added value initiatives for pan-regional and local businesses to foster revenue
4. Work with other content departments to develop integrated brand strategies geared to meet overall brand goals and objectives.
5. Ensure proper communication between local and corporate offices of key marketing/brand initiatives.
6. Responsible for following the competition, research reports, and industry trends in order to make marketing and branding decisions.
7. Responsible for budget Management for marketing expenses related to these channels, and assist in budgeting and reforecasting exercises.
8. Responsible for overseeing staff – in region and in Miami - and for their professional development.
9. Permanent member of the Brand Council
* Excellent communication, organization, and managerial skills
* Ability to handle communicate with all types of personalities and handle difficult situations with ease and diplomacy
* Able to effectively communicate and write with confidence
* A Self-starter, motivated person who can motivate others as well.
* Capable of working successfully with and without direction - a team player but also can work independently
* Proficient in MS Office
Bachelors of Art degree in either or all: Marketing Communications, Business, Art /Graphic Design, Visual Communications, or equivalent work experience.
Must have managed and directed a team, possess excellent time management skills and have interpersonal skills. Positive, attitude required. A passion for TV and the world of entertainment is essential.