Responsible for overseeing all aspects of production projects for Discovery Kids from treatment review to final delivery of commission, co-production and reversion projects.
1. Manage DSC Kids commissions, co-productions and reversioning projects.
2. Works with outside production companies and production units to ensure execution of original, co-production and pre-sale series.
3. Communicates standards of quality and accuracy with outside production companies, particularly during story conference and rush stages, including early notification of productions not meeting DCI standards.
4. Editorial supervision of productions: reading, editing and approving preliminary and final treatments; approving shooting scripts; reviewing and approving off-lines of fine cut and show masters.
5. Supervises production phases of reversions or repackaging, including editing, re-narration, post-production, audio, scripting, graphics, field and studio production.
6. Develops projects or series for consideration.
7. Assess the editorial quality, technical viability, and financial requirements of written proposals submitted to DSC Kids Latin America in the light of previously identified network needs.
* At least ten years hands-on production experience as producer / writer/director in television.
* Strong Kids production experience (animation and live action) is essential.
* Broad knowledge of field and studio production and post-production, including graphics and music.
* Strong leadership and motivational skills, with demonstrated ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines within budgetary constraints.
* Super written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
* Creative, with an ability to generate new ideas.
* An independent thinker who is very much a team player and willing to be accountable for projects overseen.
* Proven problem solver.
* Portuguese and English a must.