The Bookings Department operation is at the heart of maintaining contact with Discovery/Eurosport Markets across Europe and oversees the booking and delivery of all International Broadcast Centre and Venue Facilities and Services before and during the period of the Games. There is constant communication with the various Markets.
- Assist the Olympic Bookings Manager at all stages of the booking process with the Markets. Guide them through the submissions process with OBS/POCOG and ensure that all bookings are placed within the prescribed deadlines.
- Support Internal Markets in establishing their onsite production, engineering and operations requirements.
- Agree procedures with the Olympic Bookings Manager to ensure that all bookings placed by Discovery’s Markets are thoroughly reviewed and processed in conjunction with all relevant Discovery Eurosport Departments, such as Engineering, Digital, Operations, Production and Broadcast Telecoms.
- Assist in the creation, population and management of a bookings database/website to capture bookings from the Markets for all services as detailed in the OBS/POCOG Directory of Services (Rate Card) Part A and Part B.
- Update and maintain the ScheduALL system with the latest information captured from the bookings submitted by the Markets.
- Produce database reports for distribution to internal departments, as required by the Olympic Bookings Manager, in particular information for Finance throughout the bookings process from initial submission to the conclusion of the Games.
- Work with the Olympic Bookings Manager to co-ordinate and place on the OBS Bookings website all bookings on behalf of Markets for Directory of Services items supplied by OBS/POCOG.
- Work closely with the Olympic Bookings Manager to ensure that Finance is aware of all Market Submission Rate Card (DOS) bookings for inclusion in the Olympic budget.
- Help in the preparations and setting up of the Bookings Office (part of the Broadcast Operations Office) on site in PyeongChang and ensure that all pre-Games Time ordered services are delivered as booked and on schedule.
- Contribute to the daily reports for Markets and Finance detailing all Games Time bookings.
- Assist in the distribution of Supplementary Access Devices for Dedicated and Occasional Use Games Time Services.
- Be aware of all bookings and flag to the Olympic Bookings Manager and the team where a clash in requirements may occur.
- Work with the Olympic Bookings Manager and team to resolve various issues e.g in the event that Games Time facility booking (Hub or OBS provided) gets double-booked
- Place bookings for all “Games Time and Occasional Use Services” on behalf of the Markets whenever required.
- Contribute to the daily Games Time IBC and Venue Bookings Reports for all Services booked via OBS/POCOG.
Whilst the above is a comprehensive assessment of the role, the duties of the Bookings Co-ordinator may be changed by the Olympic Bookings Manager as dictated by business.