The Ad Sales research manager is a professional who has a mastery of media math, computer, supervisory, and strategic skills, which exemplify keen analytical and managerial abilities. As a member of the DLA/I research team, the manager has a dual function: line research responsibilities and departmental managerial oversight.
1. Work closely with Ad Sales and Ad Sales Marketing to optimally position Discovery’s four Latin American services using IBOPE ratings, syndicated data resources (TGI, KIDDOS, EGM, local studies, etc.), and findings from custom studies.
2. Create sales pitches and presentations through integration of audience-based insights from a variety of data sources, and develop systems to track ratings performance versus expectations.
3. Monitor Pan Regional market competitive environment: economic, media, ad sales, etc.
* Requires 4+ years market research experience, with a minimum of 3-years in ad sales research at a cable or broadcast network or ad agency.
* Strong analytical skills.
* Education – Minimum Bachelors degree (preferred undergraduate majors include mathematics, marketing, communications/media)
* Hands-on experience with IBOPE ratings a must.
* Qualified candidates will have a demonstrated track record in developing creative ad sales pitches using integrated data sources.
* Strong communication and project management skills are essential.
* Research experience in Latin America strongly preferred.
* Understanding of Latin American ad sales process and needs.
* Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet applications, and statistical analysis packages (e.g. SPSS, Microsoft Access) required.
* An understanding of how to use advanced research techniques (i.e. reallocation, optimization, reach & frequency) in the sales process.
* Understanding of basic statistical concepts, projection and prediction and related methodologies.
* Demonstrate a “self-starter” mentality
* Work as a team player.